Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Clean Slate

For the past 2 months I have been trying to reach a mythical state in our product backlog.  It is called "the clean slate". Now this might mean different things to different people, but to me it is clearing out the old jobs and tasks so that I can start the new year with nothing hanging on from the past year.

I know that this is something that I am not likely to achieve.  Nor even get close to.  A development department in an organisation is always going to have things to do.  If you don't, then it is likely that the organisation your working for isn't looking at going forward, but just consolidating its position.

So, what am I to do?  The only thing I can think of is to go back to that old saying. "Just Keep Swimming". I am still going to aim to complete the backlog list before the end of the year, and so (I hope) reach that clean slate on our development backlog. But if I don't get it done, I will not beat my self up (too much).  I will just keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment